Monday, December 20, 2010

This was a longish pose we did in class, I want to say it was done for 10 minutes or slightly more. This pose was done off of a live model, in charcoal on a smooth white compress sheet of paper. This is one of the pieces I enjoy the most personally, I think this is because I believe I got a strong sense of proportion on this piece and was able to capture the entire body without a lot of trouble. Strangely one of my favorite parts of this piece is the simplified face of the model. I know we weren't really supposed to focus on the face to much, but I enjoyed adding that simple detail to this piece of work, because I think it gives the faceless model a bit more personality while keeping the sense that it's not really anyone that we should really focus on. I'm really proud of the hand in the background too, I think I was able to portray the foreshortening really well and make it look like it was grounded to the -admittedly non-existent- platform that the model is sitting on.

If I were to expand on this picture I think I would add a few more cross contours to help flush out the body into a more 3 dimensional form and also work with the line weight to help add to that 3 dimensional form. I think I would work with the legs a little more because while they are portrayed well I keep thinking that I see something off about them. I would appreciate tips if someone is willing to say anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment