Monday, December 20, 2010

This is from the one day in class that we had a nude male model. Unfortunately it's also from one of the days where I had next to zero motivation to draw. I can see many flaws with this picture and I kind of despise this picture entirely because of that. The strange thing is that I had more fun drawing the hand up in the corner than I did drawing the rest of the entire drawing. I think part of it was because the model took such a static and solid pose, it might have disinterested me because how static the pose was. I found drawing from the male model really awkward too. Not because he was a male model, though that did add to the awkwardness quite a bit, but I found it awkward mostly because a lot of the poses that he took were really solid and grounded as opposed to some of the female models who did more fluid poses. This was unfortunately so under my taste of liking that it received some of the dreaded writing that I only really put on some pieces that I really dislike. Other notable piece including this writing being my "Ugly Pear" (not found on this blog or portfolio) charcoal drawing.

I really wish I could redo this drawing with more motivation as I feel I could do a lot better. I know the cross contours are way off as well. Anyway, that's all I have for this piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment