Monday, December 20, 2010

Quick Sketch Of Model.

This is a bit more of what our instructor was looking for in our quick drawings currently. Although I kind of had a horrible angle for this drawing, namely the fact that there was a pillar between me and most of the model. I do however think this is a great rendition of the pose because it shows good proportions and understanding of how the body was sitting in space. Although the body is partially obstructed by the pillar that was there, I think the pillar actually helps make the picture more interesting. This is because the character is interacting with an object, sort of grounding it further in the environment.

This is one of the 1 minute drawings that we worked on as exercises from a live model. I tried to get the skeleton down on the drawing before getting some of the line of the contour out. I don't really know what else to say about this picture, I do think it's one of my better contour drawings, so I decided to put it in my portfolio.

No comments:

Post a Comment