Monday, December 20, 2010

2nd Shell Drawing.


This piece is the second shell drawing that we had to do for an out of class assignment. For this shell drawing I tried to focus more on the cross contour lines that were were supposed to focus on and less on getting the texture of the shell out. I believe that this helped flush out the piece in a different way than the last shell drawing. This piece is a bit more simple and clean cut. This piece was done with charcoal.

Although this line drawing is more simplistic and clean cut than my last line drawing. I think it conveys the textures, bumps and feel of the shell just as well. Personally the strong contour makes it a bit flat, but over all the cross contours give it a feel of being 3 dimensional. Unfortunately I don't think this is one the stronger pieces in my portfolio. This I do like how it ultimately turned out though.

Some parts of this drawing are a bit out of perspective and proportion though. The back of the shell is a little further off than I would like unfortunately. If I could do something a bit more on this drawing, I would probably go in and maybe add some more cross contours to the work do that it would give a better sense of both shading and texture. This is a semi successful piece in my opinion, but still needs work.

No comments:

Post a Comment