Monday, December 20, 2010

Shell One





I did this shell drawing one night off of our assignment shell that we were given. Personally, I like how this picture turned out. I think even though it doesn't show cross contours very well, it shows good line work explaining the texture of the shell. I was a little apprehensive about the shell drawing at first, because I had such a complex shell so this was kind of a challenge for me in the first place. I think the end product turned out well.

Personally one of the main reasons why i like this shell is because we got to do it in charcoal, which is one of my favorite mediums. I do, however, prefer using a more messy method with charcoal. I still think this turned out well for what I did. If I were to go back and do this project again I think I might spend a little more time working on getting the contour lines better, and focusing less on translating the texture of the shell.

I think the shape of the shell gave me the most trouble, it challenged me to do a very strange and organic form, which I haven't done a whole lot of before. I really enjoyed challenging myself with the complex organic form of the shell. I think some of the form in the back could use some work, such as adding more texture or a better contour overlay. Over all, this is one of my more favorite pieces from this class though.

No comments:

Post a Comment